40,5 x 38,5 cm
In this slightly vertical composition, the painter describes a still life on a white cloth and wooden table; it is formed by a potato, two onions, three peppers and a clay jar. These elements are painted with great elegance and colour precision where the warm and cold tones are in a perfect harmony. The touch of colour and saturation of this picture are the warm tones of the peppers and the brilliant part of the clay jar.
This still life is an example of the maturity reached by the artist, who leaves his most academic style in this genre.
The signature is on the lower left side and says “A. López Torres, 1951”.
Donated by Antonio López Torres in a public deed, 27.10.78.
- 1973, «Retrospective Exhibition Antonio López Torres», Contemporary Art Museum (MEAC), Madrid.
- 1975, «Antonio López Torres retrospective exhibition», School of Arts and Crafts (EAAOA), Ciudad Real.
- 1994, Exhibition «López Torres tribute», Arteta Gallery, Madrid
- 1995, «Antonio López Torres, paintings and drawings», Centre of Modern Art Ciudad de Oviedo (CAMCO)
- 1998, «Antonio López Torres», Exhibition Hall of the Municipal Palace, La Coruña.
- 2002, «Antonio López Torres retrospective exhibition»
- Tour: art centre Centro Cultural de la Villa, Madrid; Victorio Macho Museum, Toledo; art centre Centro Cultural Caja Castilla-La Mancha, Albacete; Museum House Zavala, Cuenca; Antonio López Torres Museum, Tomelloso.