66,5 x 55,5 cm
This work was painted during his stay in Palma de Mallorca while he was enjoying the Conde de Cartagena scholarship from the Royal Academy of Fine Arts of San Fernando. In this vertical composition the artist captures the atmosphere of Mallorca, and the proximity of the sea became his palette colder. After a foreground with houses giving movement to this painting, there are some other buildings such as the cathedral and the lighthouse in the background.
It is signed on the lower right part as “A. López Torres”.
Donated by Antonio López Torres in a public deed, 27.10.78.
- 1947, Solo exhibition in Ciudad Real New Casino
- 1959, «Retrospective exhibition Antonio López Torres», Goya Exhibition Hall of Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid
- 1998, «Antonio López Torres», Exhibition Hall of the Municipal Palace, La Coruña
- 2002, «Antonio López Torres retrospective exhibition».
- Tour: art centre Centro Cultural de la Villa, Madrid; Victorio Macho Museum, Toledo; art centre Centro Cultural Caja Castilla-La Mancha, Albacete; Museum House Zavala, Cuenca; Antonio López Torres Museum, Tomelloso.