100 x 85 cm
Canvas where the artist interprets a scene of three boys playing with marbles. The boy on the left, back to the spectator, is wearing a pink shirt and corduroy trousers and is paying attention to the game. On the right side, other boy on the floor, who wears a white shirt and grey trousers, is about to hit the ball with his right hand. The third boy, dressed in a white shirt and blue shorts with braces, is standing paying attention to de game, so the triangular structure is completed.
The scene takes place on the ground in front of an old wooden door with iron rivets. Some details, such as the bag the boy is wearing or the one opened on the floor, reveal the boys have just finished their school lessons.
The painter freezes time again with this bright and nostalgic scene, and describes his closer reality naturally. This oil painting was in the Assembly Hall of the Tomelloso Town Hall before being part of the López Torres Museum’s collection.
The signature is on the lower right side and says “A. López Torres, 1946”.
Donated by Antonio López Torres in a public deed, 27.10.78.
- 1947, Solo exhibition in Ciudad Real New Casino
- 1959, «Retrospective exhibition Antonio López Torres», Goya Exhibition Hall of Círculo de Bellas Artes in Madrid
- 1973, «Retrospective Exhibition Antonio López Torres», Contemporary Art Museum (MEAC), Madrid.
- 1995, «Antonio López Torres, paintings and drawings», Centre of Modern Art Ciudad de Oviedo (CAMCO)
- 1998, «Antonio López Torres», Exhibition Hall of the Municipal Palace, La Coruña.
- 2002, «Antonio López Torres retrospective exhibition»
- Tour: art centre Centro Cultural de la Villa, Madrid; Victorio Macho Museum, Toledo; art centre Centro Cultural Caja Castilla-La Mancha, Albacete; Museum House Zavala, Cuenca; Antonio López Torres Museum, Tomelloso.