66 x 77 cm
Horizontal panel where the artist paints a very descriptive and detailed rural scene in a threshing floor integrating the figures into the picture.
On the lower part, in the foreground, there are two boys near a mount of grain. The boy on the left is wearing a blue and white shirt, brown trousers and a beret; he is on the floor, back to the spectator, holding a sack with his left hand. The other boy next to him is wearing a red shirt and blue shorts and is sat on a grain sack putting his right shoe on. In the foreground there are other elements: a grain sack on the left, a hat, the other shoe and a broom in the mount of grain.
Behind this scene, the landscape is described with horizontal bands of light colours perfectly integrated with each other. The upper third of the composition is a clean blue sky.
The artist shows again his skills and light control combining ranges of yellows and violets, as observed in the foreground, creating a sense of colour vibration leading to imagine the “heat” of the scene.
The signature is on the lower right side and says “A. López Torres, 1945”.
- 1957, Collective exhibition «La Mancha artists today», Museum of Spanish Contemporary Art (MEAC), Madrid
- 1994, Exhibition «López Torres tribute», Arteta Gallery, Madrid
- 1995, «Antonio López Torres, paintings and drawings», Centre of Modern Art Ciudad de Oviedo (CAMCO)
- 1998, «Antonio López Torres», Exhibition Hall of the Municipal Palace, La Coruña
- 2002, «Antonio López Torres retrospective exhibition»
- Tour: art centre Centro Cultural de la Villa, Madrid; Victorio Macho Museum, Toledo; art centre Centro Cultural Caja Castilla-La Mancha, Albacete; Museum House Zavala, Cuenca; Antonio López Torres Museum, Tomelloso.